Information is taken from the current Arts and Sciences Handbook. Any discrepancies are resolved in favor of the official printed version found at the arts section of the Kingdom of Meridies Homepage.
General Comments not specific to any category
If there is no documentation, the item will not be judged to afford the entrant the opportunity to better exhibit their piece and re-enter the next fair.
- All entries must be appropriate to time, place and culture.
- Appropriate substitutes for woods used before 1600 are acceptable.
- No kit projects.
- No factory pre-finished wood.
- Document the process and tools used at each stage.
- Hardware should be appropriate to both the project and the stated time period.
- Finishes should have been used in the stated time period or a reasonable substitute. Document the finish used.
- Include photographs of similar pieces from the stated time period.
- Ornament should be appropriate to the time and place of the item.
- Do not use modern materials such as plywood and MDF.
- Document all joinery to the stated time period.
Return to category list