Textile Arts - Construction
Information is taken from the current Arts and Sciences Handbook. Any discrepancies are resolved in favor of the official printed version found at the arts section of the Kingdom of Meridies Homepage.
General Comments not specific to any category
If there is no documentation, the item will not be judged to afford the entrant the opportunity to better exhibit their piece and re-enter the next fair.
- All entries are appropriate to time, place and culture.
- Material substitutions must be appropriate to ply, weight, texture and culture.
- The project is finished.
- If doing a sampler, it must be appropriate to the project.
- Inkle weaving should be documented to the appropriate culture and style. Do not document as tablet weaving.
- Color choices are appropriate to the stated time period and style.
- Document the pattern and include a copy of the pattern for judging.
- Crocheting is not currently documented to the SCA period.
- If you are spinning on a wheel, document this to the appropriate time and culture.
- Spun thread should be appropriate to use as far as strength and texture.
- Selvedges are straight and even.
Return to category list