Information is taken from the current Arts and Sciences Handbook. Any discrepancies are resolved in favor of the official printed version found at the arts section of the Kingdom of Meridies Homepage.
General Comments not specific to any category
If there is no documentation, the item will not be judged to afford the entrant the opportunity to better exhibit their piece and re-enter the next fair.
- All entries must be appropriate to time, place and culture.
- Linoleum blocks are acceptable, but carved wood blocks will get a higher score due to the inherent difficulty in the carving.
- Choose subjects and styles from the SCA period.
- At least one print must have been pulled from the block, and a print should be entered along with the block.
- Document the paper used to pull the print.
- It can be a plus to see the tools used to carve the block.
- No kit projects in papermaking.
- Printing on fabric is included in this category and enough fabric should be done to establish the repeat.
- Commercial ink is acceptable, unless you are entering the ink.
- Document whether the print is hand-pulled or done with a press.
Return to category list