Information is taken from the current Arts and Sciences Handbook. Any discrepancies are resolved in favor of the official printed version found at the arts section of the Kingdom of Meridies Homepage.
General Comments not specific to any category
If there is no documentation, the item will not be judged to afford the entrant the opportunity to better exhibit their piece and re-enter the next fair.
- All entries must be appropriate to time, place and culture.
- Items containing lead and mercury are not allowed.
- Document any substitutions of materials and explain why the substitution was made.
- Your documentation should address the following topics:
- Specific dates and locations
- Related or similar artists
- Methods of production
- Subject matter
- Saints & other people
- Materials used in originals
- Supports ( paper, canvas, wood, etc.)
- Size of original
- Purpose of original
- For a specific patron
- Is it religious, secular or political?
- Originality – is this a copy of a period piece or an original in a period style?
- Do not paint in “your” style if it is a modern painting/drawing style. Entry must appear to be a piece that could have been created before 1600.
Return to category list