Information is taken from the current Arts and Sciences Handbook. Any discrepancies are resolved in favor of the official printed version found at the arts section of the Kingdom of Meridies Homepage.
General Comments not specific to any category
If there is no documentation, the item will not be judged to afford the entrant the opportunity to better exhibit their piece and re-enter the next fair.
- All entries must be appropriate to time, place and culture.
- Do not enter a piece that shows obvious wear and tear.
- Use authentic materials or reasonable modern approximations
- Silk and linen embroideries
- Linen, wool and silk fabrics
- This does not include modern printed fabrics as a substitute for specific woven patterns
- Appropriate types of wood or metal where required
- Gold lame is not an adequate substitute for cloth of gold.
- Color, pattern and motif are documented.
- Trim should be appropriate for type.
- Document how the accessory was used or worn during the stated time period.
Return to category list